mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote on 03-06-17 15:32:
Ray_Net wrote:
If the "Outgoing SMTP server" for your SM mail account is the same as
for your SM newsgroup account...
... you can post a newsgroup message as well you can send a mail.
I don't see why it should be different.

It looks like Joe has solved the problem, but just to clear up this point... mail and newsgroup posts are not sent via the same server. Mail is sent to an SMTP server (and received via a POP or IMAP server). Newsgroup posts are sent to an NNTP server (and received via the same server). It's entirely possible to post to an NNTP (newsgroup) server without a working SMTP (outbound mail) server.

Nice to know that. Thanks. Now I better understand why the OP was able to send a post and not able to send a mail. Here to post this message to news.mozilla.org I used the SMTP server provided by my ISP. How is it possible to post to news.mozilla.org without using an SMTP server ?