DoctorBill wrote:
How about forming a directory like this so I can find it much later after
I have forgotten ALL THIS STUFF ?!

C:\SeaMonkey\Important STUFF

I ought to remember what THAT is in six months....lol

Because that would put *your* stuff under the *application's* stuff. A bad idea. Something what old legacy application use to do in the old days. The problems with that design is that:

1) When you uninstall the program so goes your data! Programs are replaceable, you can always uninstall and reinstall them to fix something. Your data is NOT replaceable. Once delete it is gone unless you have taken the extra step of backing it up, which leads to #2.

2) Putting all user data UNDER user profile greatly simplifies back up. In the past when applications scattered user data all over the place ordinary people would lose their stuff whenever their system ran into problems.

3) C:\Program Files\ C:\Program Files (x86)\ are not normally writable by user. This is a security feature that finally MS adopted.

If you wanted to put your data in a path easier for you to find I would suggest something like:

C:\Users\Bill\MyMail or C:\Users\Bill\Seamonkey\

Keep it under your profile.

--
Take care,

Jonathan