On 9/17/17 3:25 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Mason83 wrote:

On 16/09/2017 20:13, rickman wrote:
I have a thread in a newsgroup that shows the underline indicating
there are unread messages in that thread.  But when I open the
thread there are none. All messages in that thread are marked as
read.  I close the thread and the underline is still there.

I've tried enabling view-threads-all, -unread, ignored threads, etc
and no unread messages show up.

Any ideas?

Do you use "Ignore subthread" functionality?

There is a known bug, where threads with ignored subthreads will show
as "unread" although all messages have been read.

More than that.

I've been using "K" (kill thread) on the Italian spam for which our moderators have not found a solution, and I'm seeing inaccurate unread counts because there are unread messages in those killed threads. I've never seen those messages, much less read them, so they contribute to the unread count.

AFAIK the SeaMonkey support newsgroup is not moderated. Only Firefox and Thunderbird are the moderated support newsgroups.

Some mozilla.dev groups may be moderated.

--
Go Bucs, Pitt, Steelers!
Native Americans should have had a hard line immigration stance