On 27/09/2017 1:48 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
rickman wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 9/17/2017 3:25 PM:

I've been using "K" (kill thread) on the Italian spam for which
our moderators have not found a solution, and I'm seeing inaccurate
unread counts because there are unread messages in those killed
threads. I've never seen those messages, much less read them, so
they contribute to the unread count.

What unread count is this?  My issue has to do with messages in a
single thread.  So if an entire thread is ignored, it would not
impact any other thread showing unread messages.

If you look at the account name in the folder listing, it's bolded if
there are unread messages, and the count of unread messages is shown in
parentheses after the account name.

For example, this NG shows:
    m.s.seamonkey (9)
at the moment. When I get done reading all unread messages in a few
minutes, it will show:
    m.s.seamonkey (1)
because somewhere in one of those Italian spam threads there's an unread
message, but I don't see it because I've killed the thread.

Shouldn't "killing the thread", effectively, "Mark all messages as read"?? So your unread count should be zero.

(Types the guy who has one thread in m.d.a.seamonkey (Status of GTK3 Development for Seamonkey) which continues to show up in the accounts ... even though SeaMonkey knows there are no unread messages in the thread or the group!! Similar thing with three threads in m.gen!!)

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.48 Build identifier: 20170329183526

Go Dallas Cowgirls!! .... Err!! ... Um!! .. I mean *Go Dallas Cowboys* !!