On 27/09/2017 11:41 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Daniel wrote:

On 27/09/2017 1:48 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

If you look at the account name in the folder listing, it's bolded
if there are unread messages, and the count of unread messages is
shown in parentheses after the account name.

For example, this NG shows:
    m.s.seamonkey (9)
at the moment. When I get done reading all unread messages in a few
minutes, it will show:
    m.s.seamonkey (1)
because somewhere in one of those Italian spam threads there's an
unread message, but I don't see it because I've killed the thread.

Shouldn't "killing the thread", effectively, "Mark all messages as
read"?? So your unread count should be zero.

(Types the guy who has one thread in m.d.a.seamonkey (Status of GTK3
Development for Seamonkey) which continues to show up in the
accounts ... even though SeaMonkey knows there are no unread messages
in the thread or the group!! Similar thing with three threads in
m.gen!!)

In theory, yes. But there can be posts after I kill a thread -- should
SM automatically mark incoming messages in a killed thread as read?

I would hope so!! Am I wrong in thinking that's what should happen??

> Like
a filter that doesn't move them, just changes their marking? That would
be nice...

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.48 Build identifier: 20170329183526

Go Dallas Cowgirls!! .... Err!! ... Um!! .. I mean *Go Dallas Cowboys* !!