Mason83 wrote:
On 12/10/2017 01:48, David E. Ross wrote:
On 10/11/2017 2:24 PM, Rob Steinmetz wrote:
I have a server that had a problem with a share. I think I have fixed
that but my users cannot access their existing SeaMonkey Profiles. They
are located on a a SAMBA [homes] share on an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server in
a directory called ~/.seamonkey.

In the past I have been able to conned to theses existing profiles by
logging into the Profile Manager and simply pointing to the existing
SeaMonkey profile.

However when I do this on on this server now I get a SeaMonkey opening
page and SeaMonkey does not recognize the existing email configuration.

Locate the file named profiles.ini.  Each user needs to have a copy of
this file locally.  For Windows 7, it is always in
[C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey], where "xxx" is the
user name of the Windows account.  SeaMonkey looks for this file LOCALLY
to determine what profiles exist and where the profiles are located.

David,

Ubuntu is a Linux distribution, i.e. not Windows.

Regards.

Thanks.

I war aware of this and as far as I can tell the profiles are intact and the profiles.ini seem correct. I forgot to mention that my users are on Windows, the server is Ubuntu running Samba.