Jonathan N. Little wrote:
Rob Steinmetz wrote:
I have a server that had a problem with a share. I think I have fixed
that but my users cannot access their existing SeaMonkey Profiles. They
are located on a a SAMBA [homes] share on an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server in
a directory called ~/.seamonkey.

In the past I have been able to conned to theses existing profiles by
logging into the Profile Manager and simply pointing to the existing
SeaMonkey profile.

However when I do this on on this server now I get a SeaMonkey opening
page and SeaMonkey does not recognize the existing email configuration.

Okay if profiles are on a server and not on local system, if I am
understanding you correctly, then I need some more information.

Firstly, most likely on the client machines one issue is the profile.ini
must be set to absolute paths:

IsRelative=0

The typical profile.ini from a working machine looks like this.

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/tcq542gy.default

[Profile1]
Name=rob
IsRelative=0
Path=U:\.seamonkey

Secondly, are you sure the path is '~/.seamonkey'? Mine, set as default
is '~/.mozilla/seamonkey'.
I'm very sure.

Thirdly, what OS are the *clients* running?
Windows XP , 7 and 10

If Windows, then with SAMBA setup with user shares then the profile path
would be something like using your path specified, (ALL_CAPS replaceable
values):

\\SERVER_NAME\USER_NAME\.seamonkey\SALT.default

or on Linux clients

smb://SERVER_NAME/USER_NAME/.seamonkey/SALT.default

or depending on your SAMBA security settings

smb://WORKGROUP;USER_NAME@SERVER_NAME/USER_NAME/.seamonkey/SALT.default