On 12/29/2017 10:27 PM, null wrote:

The OP's problem is organizing the contents of his bookmarks file,
which is an sqlite file unamenable to manual editing.

I had in mind an end run around that problem.
SeaMonkey has two modes of dealing with sets of bookmarks:
  1. Save/Restore which uses JSON
  2. Export/Import HTML
     The "Export" function resembles a lossy conversion of the JSON.
     It does not _appear_ to preserve nesting information. I'll have
     to run more tests to confirm. My initial test flopped as I've not
     read the relevant Help contents.

I had in mind:
  1. Save the bookmarks.
  2. Pretty print the JSON to a file.
  3. Edit the "pretty file" - awkward but doable.
  4. "Uglify" {if required} to have syntactically correct JSON.
  5. Replace the current set of bookmarks using "Restore" function.

P.S. anyone know of an introduction to SQL comprehensible to one has not
     done *ANYTHING* with any database since using dBaseII in the 70's.

Thank you.