On 2/6/18 11:05 PM, Ken Jarstad wrote:
I am valiantly trying to find a replacement for my wife's favorite email
program called Incredimail. Incredimail is (or was) a delightfully integrated
HTML email program that provided rich background templates and animated
emoticons, all in a unified interface. Alas, the program was sold and the new
owners are not supporting it well - and it has some obvious problems. I am also
wanting to get her onto the Linux platform and this Windows only program is the
last holdout.

I have been experimenting with Thunderbird, thought it looked promising, and
then thought SeaMonkey might be even better since an HTML composer is included
- and ought to be integrated. And finally to my question:

Although SM Composer is built-in there seems no easy way to simply import a new
web page into SM Mail and save it as a template. When I create a new web page
with SM Composer with fancy backgrounds and so on I have to copy the HTML
source and use Insert/HTML and paste it into the Mail/Compose dialog box. That
isn't so bad - and I think my wife could learn to do that - but then, inserting
the HTML - I find that the Compose message box has been stripped of any
background elements. And further, examining the HTML code in the Compose
message reveals that SM has taken considerable liberty to re-arrange the code!
What's up with that?

-=Ken=-

Both Thunderbird and SeaMonkey have the option to compose in HTML for email accounts. I believe it is the default setting in both applications.

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>