On 2/6/2018 at 11:05 PM, Ken Jarstad created this epitome of digital genius:
Although SM Composer is built-in there seems no easy way to simply import a new
web page into SM Mail and save it as a template. When I create a new web page
with SM Composer with fancy backgrounds and so on I have to copy the HTML
source and use Insert/HTML and paste it into the Mail/Compose dialog box. That
isn't so bad - and I think my wife could learn to do that - but then, inserting
the HTML - I find that the Compose message box has been stripped of any
background elements. And further, examining the HTML code in the Compose
message reveals that SM has taken considerable liberty to re-arrange the code!
What's up with that?

Use a mail compose window as if you were creating an email. Put whatever HTML styling in that you want. Click the Save button and choose Template. In the future, right-click that template and choose Edit As New.

Composer is for creating a Web page, not an email template.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/