Daniel wrote:
Ant wrote on 27/03/18 17:58:
I got a HTML e-mail with its hidden section when using plain text
mode. It only shows up in HTML mode (both original and simple). The
section was

         <a
style="display:inline-block;padding:5px;background:#f5f5f5;border:1px
solid #ccc"
             target="_blank"

href="http://CXTSoftware.recruiterbox.com/questionnaires/fb035u/";>
                 CXT Software Applicant Questions for Employment
Consideration Form
             </a>

Shouldn't this part be shown in plain text too? Maybe a bug? :(

Thank you in advance. :)

The e-mail you received may have a text/plain alternate part that does
not really contain the entire content of the HTML part. If that is the
case, the bug is on the e-mail client which was used to send the message
(or the sender) and not in Seamonkey.

Try to inspect the raw source of the message (ctrl+U), look for a
text/plain part and check its contents. It may be base64-encoded,
though.

Ah, I will check again later. Thanks. :)

I got another e-mail and searched:

--b1_c1696397fa9e686660b883541894f34b

Hi ...

--b1_c1696397fa9e686660b883541894f34b

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional =
//EN"><html>...

So, the sender is sending both HTML and plain text formats in a single e-mail. Interesting!

That is definitely possible, Ant. I think there is a setting in SM to send both formats so those who like "Text only" are satisfied as are those that like all the bells and whistles of HTML.

Ah!! There you go ... Edit->Preferences->Mail & Newsgroups->Send Format, fourth selection.

I have had to re-educate business organizations who insist on sending multipart email to put something useful into the plain text part of the message, since that is the only part I would see. Some of them actually learned!