On 09/05/2018 12:38 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/4/2018 10:56 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm creating a custom web page to display my SeaMonkey bookmarks my way.
I have chosen to use nested unordered lists. I have ~3500 bookmarks in
  >500 folders nested several levels deep. I have two problems.

The default indentation is too large causing items to line-wrap.
The presence of bullets serves no purpose and is *UGLY*.

I've been wandering a convoluted path thru the web finding only enough
to tantalize. I keep ending up on poorly designed pages.

Suggestions?

My bookmark hierarchy has four levels of folders.  I have the following
in the userChrome.css file in the chrome folder of my profile:
        /*  Indent folders */
        @-moz-document
                url("file:///xxx/bookmarks.html")
        { body { margin-left: 2em !important; font-size: 12pt }
        h3 + dl { margin-left: 2em !important }  }
where xxx is the full path to my bookmarks.html file.

I automatically export my bookmarks from places.sqlite to bookmarks.html
every time I terminate SeaMonkey, which is often since I frequntly
switch between profiles (which effectively terminates and then
relaunches SeaMonkey).  The export is effected by having
        user_pref("browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML", true);
        // automatically export bookmarks into an HTML file
in my user.js file in my profile.  (The // indicates a comment to remind
me why I have that entry.  The ; at the end of the user_pref statement
is mandatory.)

I copied those into the appropriate files.
NOTHING happened :<