Tom Pamin wrote:
> Richmond wrote:
>> Tom Pamin wrote:
>>> SM 2.49.4 is using 414,000K of memory in Task Manager. IE uses about
>>> 55,000. Why the big difference? Can I reduce memory usage for SM?
>>
>> Are you using any addons? I found adblock plus was memory greedy.
>>
> Just disabled Adblock Plus. Usage went down to 364,000.

Are you visiting the same websites with IE and SM? In my experience it
is websites and their adverts, and extensions, which cause memory usage
to creep up.

You could look at about:memory to see if it gives some clues.

You could close all the tabs/windows and then open them again one at a
time to see which makes the memory go up.

You could use Noscript to restrict javascript to the domain being
visited. I am using Noscript 5.1.8.2 as later ones won't work with SM.