EE wrote:
Dirk Munk wrote:
When you want to send a message, you have the option to encrypt the message with "Security", assuming you and the other party have set up Digital Signing.

It would be a nice feature if you could have an option "always send encrypted" with every address book entry.

An alternative would be a general setting "always send encrypted if possible", which means the mail program has to look if a certificate has been stored, and then send encrypted if a certificate has been found.

What about just having a general "Notes" section in there?  Then one could add any information of any sort in there.  The MacOS contact list has a Notes area and it is very useful.

Thank you, but that is not the point.

For legal reasons, certain email traffic must be encrypted, from end point to end point. For instance emails between me and my doctor. Assuming we have both set up digital signing, any email traffic between us should *always* be encrypted, automatically. I should not have to choose Security > Encrypt This Message to get encryption.