DoctorBill wrote:
My old free version of Malwarebytes did a "Thing" on me and
did an "Update" which installed a 14 day trial version !  I dumped it.

Been looking for the "Free" version, but can't find it.
Is it gone ?  'Free Download' is used to trick you into the 14 trial
version.

Old sites for the Original FREE VERSION just lead to the
14 day thing.  Circular.

Am I right ?

DoctorBill

I just read a "Review" of MalWareBytes that explained the 14 Day Trial
Period.

After the 14 Days - it reverts to the "FREE" version.

I thought that it would seize up after 14 days like most Trial Software !

I downloaded the "Free" Version and am using it now.  Sorry for my
confusion !

DoctorBill
You can also look at their price list (https://www.malwarebytes.com/pricing/) and it still shows the 'free' version. And if you try downloading via both links, it downloads the same version, so it confirms it's just a ploy to get more paid subscribers. Plus, as you can see, seeing for yourself the confusion, many people will end up paying the Premium to keep the software active. ;)