David E. Ross wrote:
On 3/13/2019 11:04 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:

I always use user.js to set preference variables to non-default
values. That is because I can annotate each setting with a comment
(// on the beginning of the line) to remind me why I have a
non-default value.

OK, syntax question: Does a comment have to be on a separate line?

In other words, is this possible?

setting here // comment here

Or do you have to do this?

setting here
// comment here

Thanks.

I do not know.  I always put the comment on a separate line, immediately
following the command to set the preference variable.  I do this for my
own readability.

You can add a comment to the end of a line as long as you prefix it with 2 slashes.