Thanks for the help! I'm on linux and it's been driving me crazy.. I found the newly update 'TotalSpoof' addon fixes it nicely... it's extremely lightweight and as an added plus it convinces the seamonkey addons site that all their plugins are compatible... in other words not greyed out... which will be great for most user... it also of course completely fixes the google search box issues...

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/seamonkey/addon/totalspoof/?src=search

Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote: