On 06/19/2019 08:13 PM, Paul Bergsagel wrote:
I suffered from the Google search mess with SeaMonkey.  Then I came across a solution: I turned off "advertise Firefox compatibility".

To turn off "advertise Firefox compatibility" go to SeaMonkey's preferences click on Advance>HTTP Networking>(uncheck)Advertise Firefox compatibility.

This fix solved the difficulties I was having with Google.

Google returned to its normal appearance.  Also With this setting turned off I have yet to find any negative effects on other sites. With this setting turned off, some sites even appear to work.

*THANK YOU* !
I had assumed that Google was one of sites placing graphics at absolute positions rather than making them a function of font size.