On 8/23/2019 4:57 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
>  > Thanks! Uh, but I'm not using v2.49.5 yet since it is not publicly
> released as
>  > stable.
>
> The RC3 is or will be the final. Just a matter of moving it to the releases
> directory and publishing it in the website left. Won't matter here
>
>  > Or are you saying it has been broken for a long time?
>
> Yes. Somwhere between 2.33 and 2.48 I think. Some bookmarking apis changed
> and
> some were removed.

        [snipped]

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64)
Seamonkey 2.49.4

The marking of visited links still works quite well for me:
browser.visited_color;#ff0000  (red)
browser.active_color;#FF6600  (red-orange)
browser.anchor_color;#0000EE  (dark blue, default)

I read amateur fiction on the Web.  Many stories are long with many
chapters, each a separate Web page.  A chapter might be uploaded to the
Web once a week.  Sometimes, I miss checking a story.  When I later go
to view the Web site, I can see which chapters I have already read and
which I have not yet read.

I am a "news junky", going to news Web sites several times a day.
Again, I use the color-coding of links to determine which news stories I
have already read.

Eliminating color-coding of visited vs unvisited links means I will have
to maintain a log of my reading history.  It would be far easier to just
stay with Seamonkey 2.49.4, in which color-coding of links still works
for me.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Immigration authorities arrested 680 undocumented aliens in meat
processing facilities in Mississippi.  Employing someone who is not
legally in the U.S. is also illegal.  How many of the EMPLOYERS are
being criminally charged?  If none, why not?