David E. Ross wrote:

I read amateur fiction on the Web. Many stories are long with many chapters, each a separate Web page. A chapter might be uploaded to
the Web once a week. Sometimes, I miss checking a story. When I
later go to view the Web site, I can see which chapters I have
already read and which I have not yet read.

I agree, I find it convenient, too, and I'll miss it when we lose it.

I am a "news junky", going to news Web sites several times a day. Again, I use the color-coding of links to determine which news
stories I have already read.

Same again, though my memory helps here, too.

Eliminating color-coding of visited vs unvisited links means I will
have to maintain a log of my reading history. It would be far easier
to just stay with Seamonkey 2.49.4, in which color-coding of links
still works for me.

In my case, I watch Korean dramas, which can have up to 50 hour-long episodes (in the past, I've watched some with half-hour episodes, the longest with 173 episodes). But instead of maintaining a log, I just look in my browser history. If necessary, I search on a keyword.

OT: In this current case, eps I've seen are in orange, but eps I haven't seen are in blue: <http://dramacool.bz/drama/tree-with-deep-roots.html>. But fair warning: my Internet security program keeps bragging that it's blocking the site's attempts to serve malware. I've complained to the owner, but I'll probably finish watching before they fix it. Or maybe "that's a feature, not a bug."

Paul B. Gallagher