The site is Southwest.com

I can change the IP address and test that. Simply restarting the machine probably won't force a new IP as DHCP (which this machine uses) tries to assign the same IP address every time.

I have changed the Gateway address recently.

It is possible that logins are handled by a third domain, but I'm not sure how to figure out which one except deleting all cookies, which I might do.

I don't think it's the MAC address because if I login using a different browser on the same machine it doesn't force that user.

I haven't found a "forget me" button.

At this point while I used SeaMonkey for most things I have Chrome, Firefox and Edge on the machine. I just use a different browser for Southwest.com.

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Rob Steinmetz wrote:

I've cleared all Cookies for that domain. the Permissions and Preferences tabs are grayed out. I even went into the Form Data tab
and deleted all instances of that user name.

I've looked everywhere I can think of for any setting that I can
delete.

About the only thing I haven't tried is removing SeaMonkey and reinstalling it. I'm not sure that would do anything unless I also deleted my profile as well and I've got too much stuff I need in it.

Well, I hate to say this, but it's beginning to look like the site is remembering you on its own server, not in your browser. If so, it's probably recognizing you by your IP address. You could test that by trying to log in with a different browser.

If that theory holds up...

1) Can you log in with the persistent username and change the setting to "forget me"?

2) Can you change your IP address (if you have a dynamic IP, restarting the computer would probably do the trick) so it thinks you're a random stranger?

On the other hand, if it's recognizing you by your MAC address, you can't change that, so you'll have to log in with a different device to implement option 1).

HTHAL

https://www.avg.com