On 12/19/2019 5:13 AM, Ken Smith wrote:

Ken Smith via support-seamonkey wrote:
Hi All,

I'm expecting/hoping that Flash Player should still work on Seamonkey 2.29.5. I use the Adobe RPM repository to download it and I can see the files from the Adobe RPM in /usr/lib64/flash-player with appropriate links to there from the the /usr/lib64/seamonkey/plugins and other links to there related to the Firefox installation that's on the same machine. I've also tried a direct download of the Adobe .tar.gz build and the same issue persists.

But Flash does not show up in the plugins list in the Add-ons section in Seamonkey. (Also not in Firefox either)

The file command shows  "ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, stripped". Which looks OK.

I happen to have a libflashplayer.so from 2016, which if I swap that in place of the current one it does show up in the Add-ons section in both Seamonkey and Firefox together with a warning that its old, which it is.

If anyone has it working what does your config look like?

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Ken

Ant wrote:
Your issue might be related since others and I can't get the last couple month's releases to work in our Linux boxes (mine is Debian v8 (Jessie)): https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FP-4199058, https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/32-0-0-293-on-firefox-70-0-1-under-centos-7-7/td-p/10756098, and https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/32-0-0-293-no-longer-works-on-red-hat-enterprise-linux-6/m-p/10753887. Adobe needs to fix it. :(

Thank you Ant for your reply and link. That explains it perfectly. Of course many web sites moan about downlevel flash too so its a catch 22.

Once again apologies for the multiple posts to the list

Ken

believed to be clean.