On 12/19/2019 9:56 AM, EE wrote:
Ken Smith wrote:
Hi All,

I'm expecting/hoping that Flash Player should still work on Seamonkey 2.29.5. I use the Adobe RPM repository to download it and I can see the files from the Adobe RPM in /usr/lib64/flash-player with appropriate links to there from the the /usr/lib64/seamonkey/plugins and other links to there related to the Firefox installation that's on the same machine. I've also tried a direct download of the Adobe .tar.gz build and the same issue persists.

But Flash does not show up in the plugins list in the Add-ons section in Seamonkey. (Also not in Firefox either)

The file command shows  "ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, stripped". Which looks OK.

I happen to have a libflashplayer.so from 2016, which if I swap that in place of the current one it does show up in the Add-ons section in both Seamonkey and Firefox together with a warning that its old, which it is.

If anyone has it working what does your config look like?

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Ken

If you open the Addons list, there should be a section named "Plugins" and Flash should be in there.

FYI. His issue might be related since others and I can't get the last couple month's releases to work in our Linux boxes (mine is Debian v8 (Jessie)): https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FP-4199058, https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/32-0-0-293-on-firefox-70-0-1-under-centos-7-7/td-p/10756098, and https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/32-0-0-293-no-longer-works-on-red-hat-enterprise-linux-6/m-p/10753887. Adobe needs to fix it. Mine doesn't show up in Firefox v7x and SeaMonkey v2.49.5. Older Flash versions from a couple months ago does so I have to use that. I rarely see and use Flash anyways.
--
"To the ant, a few drops of dew is a flood." --Iranian
   /\___/\                     http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.ma.cx /
 | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
    \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
     ( )