Ray Davison wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:

The profiles still end up in the .mozilla and .thunderbird folders. Too much work to change the locations.

The same on Windows.

The profiles end up where ever you put them.  But you do need to specify.  I put the apps and profiles in separate trees of my choice and location, and I put mail in a separate tree in a third location.

And if you allowed an install routine to place the profile and mail in a default location, it is "too much work" only if you are unable to copy/delete or move a sub-directory.

Or don't want to think about how you want to set it up. Too damn lazy.