If you use the zip method some dlls will not be registered. This affects "send to email" and i.e. screen reader support. Installing it is recommended. There are known problems with creating the profile in a directory outside of your profile. I would suggest to use the default location and use the installer whenever possible. There are ways to set up the Windows profile on a different drive if needed.

FRG

Ray Davison wrote:
Ray Davison wrote:

I also always have multiple versions of each app.

As an aside, I have never "installed" a Mozilla app.  I always use the ZIP distros.  SM is available as a ZIP.  Un-zip and copy to where ever you want with a name such as SM_Version_XXX, or something that is meaningful to you. Then create a shortcut.