Ray Davison wrote on 17/01/2020 12:04 PM:
Daniel wrote:

All outgoing messages to the E-S server go into a Folder under Local Directories.

I thought UseNet was an cloud forum.  Are you reading and replying to messages from within SM?

Ray

Yes, from with-in SM Mail & *NEWS* screen via a News account (similar to a mail account, but different) to connect to an account I have on Eternal-September.com Server.

If I could be bothered, I could set up an news account with Goggle-Groups to read UseNet posts ... but who could be bothered!! ;-)

Mechanically, I have been doing what you want to do since Netscape.

I currently have six email accounts with each having it's own incoming email address, and six news accounts which all use one of the six email account addresses, but could each have a different incoming email address.  And each of those top accounts have sub accounts and often sub-sub accounts.  And to file incoming mail within those top accounts I have over one hundred filters.

I don't try to filter out junk, that is a never ending reaction process.  I filter out what I want to keep and the result is that my inbox is mostly junk and easy to process.

I have never used "Local Folders" for anything.

Within SM I don't make any functional distinction between email and news.  The look and feel is the same for both.

If you have 75 news folders, and want to selectively put a copy of all outgoing mail and news in three sent folders, all you need to do is have three email addresses.

One email address for Operating Systems (Win7 & Linux)
One for T.V. show
And a third for the rest

So the 75 accounts come in to three top accounts, and the 75 are divided to one of your three email address based top accounts.  And sent messages go to a folder based on the same incoming email address.

Your SM will then have the same format as mine, except you will have three top accounts where I have six.

If you don't already have three email addresses, it will require getting two more.  And you will need to assign the portion of the 75 news accounts that you want to go to the other two accounts.  That is, update the accounts at their source to the new email address.

It is just some busy work.

Ray

Yeap, I could do all of that ... but I was hoping to just use the one incoming account but, then, be able to, selectively, send my outgoing to separate folders! i.e. K.I.S.S.!!

--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623