Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Rob Steinmetz wrote:
I have been having problems with Seamonkey 2.49.5 Windows 7 64 bit disabling or deleting Lightning and other bundles extensions although I don't use them much. I have so far unable to reinstall it.

I can create a new profile that will work but transferring existing email, bookmarks filters and junk setting is a real pain and in a number of cases the new profile goes bad as well..

The key is extensions.installedDistroAddon.{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}

If it exists reset it so that is it missing. Make sure Lightning is deinstalled. Should then show up during the next restart. It is a packed extension in 2.53.1 and can just be picked and reinstalled in 2.53.1 from the distribution/extensions dir.

FRG
Thanks for the reply. I deleted part of my original post to cut down on the length.

I think I've already tried that. I had determined the appropriate key value for Lightning by comparing other working installations.

The place I'm having the most trouble is at another site. I'll try this again when I'm back there next week.

I'm a little skeptical of moving to 2.53.1 now while it's still in Beta, since it makes changes to the profile. I think I'll wait until there's an official release. I do hope 2.53.1 will solve some of the increasing browser incompatibilities I'm seeing.

Anyone have any idea how soon that might be?