Daniel wrote:
Rob Steinmetz wrote on 28/02/2020 3:40 AM:

<Snip>

I'm a little skeptical of moving to 2.53.1 now while it's still in Beta, since it makes changes to the profile. I think I'll wait until there's an official release. I do hope 2.53.1 will solve some of the increasing browser incompatibilities I'm seeing.

Anyone have any idea how soon that might be?

Reading the mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey, newsgroup and also here in mozilla.support.seamonkey, it seems Edmund Wong may have gotten a bit ahead of himself (and the rest of the Dev Team) with his announcement that SM 2.53.1 was out!!

Probably give the Devs the week-end  (to be safe!) and try downloading it from https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ for your OS!

It's up on the website now. I just checked, but didn't download it yet.