WaltS48 wrote:

That is a very old support article.

" Customers no longer have the option to keep their Verizon.net email address or extract their data to another service provider. All verizon.net email, calendar and address book content that was not migrated to AOL or moved to a third party email provider before December 15, 2017 has been deleted from our systems."

So I must have migrated mine before December 15, 2017 and do remember getting the notification.

Guess what happened today? I got the Outgoing server (SMTP) Server Password Required message when trying to send an email using my Verizon account.

I entered the password and the email sent.

I would suspect AOL is having server problems. We are having a pandemic and email traffic is up.

I, too, have a verizon.net account that I migrated back in 2017 when I received the notice, and have had no problems (other than late-night maintenance outages). I just sent a test message from that account to one of my other accounts, and it went out quickly and arrived quickly with no error messages or prompts. My SM apparently does remember the correct password.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com

Paul B. Gallagher