David H. Durgee wrote:

AGH! Stupid auto-correct!  Here is the proper post:

There is a "swappiness" parameter that is adjustable in linux, perhaps
you have it set in such a way that it is swapping more that is proper
for your use of the system.

Looking at my /etc/sysctl.conf I see lines:

#
# Decrease swap usage to a more reasonable level
vm.swappiness=10

Dave

I always seem to have auto-correct problems on my Android.  :-)

I now remember 'swappiness' from the 32-bit Linux days. I found instructions on how to add this in Fedora and changed it from 60 (the default) to 10.

Thanks for the reminder.

--
Netscape -> Mozilla Suite -> SeaMonkey. User. Since 1997.