NFN Smith wrote:
(to GW)

Are you using IMAP or POP?  If IMAP, then both machines should be
seeing the exact same thing.

If you're using POP, it is possible for sharing among multiple
machines (at least for the Inbox), but if you're doing that, you
really want to adjust your mail retention settings so that one POP
client isn't deleting stuff from the server when downloading, and the
other machine doesn't get to see that stuff.  I do POP on my primary
profile, and set mail retention to not delete for 2 weeks, which
allows any other profiles I use (all IMAP) to always have the last 2
weeks of received mail available.

Although it's possible that Google may have have had some sort of
temporary glitch, the other possibility would be that the upstairs
machine may have gotten its mail retention settings changed,
somehow.

It's also possible that somehow, on the downstairs machine, the
tracking of POP status got confused.  I don't remember the file name
for that, so I won't suggest what you could do to check.

At this point, you do want to take a look at the mailbox from a web
client, and see what's on the server.

Smith

Thank you Smith. By the time I got to both machines for side by side comparison, (both IMAP set-up) a few test emails from me, were both correctly received by both machines. So, random glitch on their side is all I can conclude.