I'm afraid I don't know the answer to either of your questions.  The one
I am using is:

Restart Application Button 53.0
By Baris Derin

Restart Application Button lets you restart your Firefox and SeaMonkey
application by a quick toolbar button click.

This is in my list of extensions and it should be easy to find it and
try it for your problems.

Dave