On 11/10/2020 9:21 PM, Ray Davison wrote:
🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 via support-seamonkey wrote:
Anyone still using "MozBackup-1.5.2-beta1-EN" for back up in the 2.50.x
SeaMonkey's?

A long time ago, when storage space was expensive, it might have been reasonable to compress backups.  But now that storage space is cheap, why have a backup that you need to unpack to read or copy?

For profiles and mail I use XCOPY new files - no, I do not run with profiles and mail in the same tree, so they are also backed up to their own trees.  I clone entire partitions and HDDs to other HDDs so they are usable without any processing - yes, that includes boot partitions from multiple OSs.  And none of this cares what version of anything is used.

Ray

 -
WOW! XCOPY.!  Used it quite a it back in DOS days an early widows.

I was using MozBackup away back. until it became unsupported.  Was told that it still worked by an acquaintance and thought I would ask the group to see if anyone else was using it.  Perhaps someone had updated it.  Looks like the answer to both questions is "No";.

Then I started using a batch file to back up my daily work - including my profiles of SM and others,

For the last few years I've been using "Pure Sync", a free program as my back up software.  It has many user programmable features .

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed