Ray Davison wrote:
🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 via support-seamonkey wrote:
Anyone still using "MozBackup-1.5.2-beta1-EN" for back up in the 2.50.x
SeaMonkey's?

A long time ago, when storage space was expensive, it might have been reasonable to compress backups.  But now that storage space is cheap, why have a backup that you need to unpack to read or copy?

For profiles and mail I use XCOPY new files - no, I do not run with profiles and mail in the same tree, so they are also backed up to their own trees.  I clone entire partitions and HDDs to other HDDs so they are usable without any processing - yes, that includes boot partitions from multiple OSs.  And none of this cares what version of anything is used.

Ray

If you always take complete backups and only want 1 copy (or maybe 2), that makes sense. If you start using incremental backups so you have multiple restore points, you will probably need to compress. This discussion is about Mozilla profiles in the broadest sense and I'm not sure why anyone would want to look at anything other than the most recent backup of a profile.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/