Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
On 11/15/2020 11:23 PM, Edmund Wong wrote:
Greetings,

Links:
[1] -http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.53.5
[2] -http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.5/

The long list of "Know Issues" for 2.53.5 will keep me from upgrading.
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.5/

Yes all deal breakers. Don't upgrade. The world might explode if a tab is not opened in the background from the bookmarks.2.49.5 was the last stable version ever! Wonder why I even care about later ones.

FRG

It took OpenSuse until 10 days ago before they finally released a 2.53.x version via the standard repositories (their Mozilla Test repository has been kept current since around 21 April) and the reason for that was that there was apparently a loss of functionality between the last 2.49.x level and the 2.53.x line.
Of course that does not explain why they stuck at 2.49.4 rather than 2.49.5.
This mattered to me because:
- a new version of OpenSuse Leap was released with 2.49.4
- the update process (I think) changed the default for html from Firefox to Seamonkey so opening an html page nuked my (migrated) Seamonkey profile.
At least that happened on my test machine so no real data was lost.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/