For the last couple of months, the appearance of the main Google website on SeaMonkey has been different from what it has been for years. Search results are presented in individual boxes, and the website just looks strange.

I've done some troubleshooting and here is what I've observed:

1. When entering google.com on Firefox v86.0.1, the site appears normal.

2. When entering google.com on SeaMonkey v2.53.5.1, the site has the strange appearance described above. The site address showing in the title box is https://www.google.com/#spf=1616331365185 even though only https://www.google.com was entered.

3. If I change the SeaMonkey user agent to Firefox 86.0(Using the PrefBar extension) and reload the page, the appearance returns to normal, even though #spf=1616331987062 is still at the end of the site address.

4. Removing #spf=1616331987062 and reloading the page make the site work correctly.

5. Changing the user agent back to Real UA and reloading the page again causes the strange appearance and the site address goes back to https://www.google.com/#spf=1616332459516

This is another example of a website which works differently with SeaMonkey than it does with Firefox. Changing the user agent string is a workaround, but why should this be required?

John
--
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Therefore, please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.