no...@nonospam.org wrote on 21/03/2021 14:27:
For the last couple of months, the appearance of the main Google website on
SeaMonkey has been different from what it has been for years. Search results
are presented in individual boxes, and the website just looks strange.

I've done some troubleshooting and here is what I've observed:

1. When entering google.com on Firefox v86.0.1, the site appears normal.

2. When entering google.com on SeaMonkey v2.53.5.1, the site has the strange
appearance described above. The site address showing in the title box is
https://www.google.com/#spf=1616331365185 even though only
https://www.google.com was entered.

3. If I change the SeaMonkey user agent to Firefox 86.0(Using the PrefBar
extension) and reload the page, the appearance returns to normal, even though
#spf=1616331987062 is still at the end of the site address.

4. Removing #spf=1616331987062 and reloading the page make the site work
correctly.

5. Changing the user agent back to Real UA and reloading the page again causes
the strange appearance and the site address goes back to
https://www.google.com/#spf=1616332459516

This is another example of a website which works differently with SeaMonkey
than it does with Firefox. Changing the user agent string is a workaround, but
why should this be required?

John

I also observe this, even still using SeaMonkey 2.49.5.