Nodeconfig refuses point blank to run on my machine as of main build 529.

>* make it so that nodeconf can change every option

Secret options are bad :)  I still seem to have an un-needed 'temporary directory'
setting - which it warns me about on every
startup.

>* have nodeconf just edit the config in place (effectively, have it treat
>%'s and not have to be manually rewritten)

It isn't doing this already?

>* fix import/export ref on bunny

Can we have an "export all known references" option?  At least until the routing table
stops getting eaten by the datastore
bugs :)

>* popup window when # of threads is changed to equal 0

Is that a bad option to set then?

>* make windows installer using windows installer.

Strongly disagree - the nullsoft installer is a fine and accepted piece of work,
whereas the default windows installer is a
horrible piece of junk.  Unless you are having some major problems with the nullsoft
explorer, what is the incentive to
change?  If you are worried about transparence then most people would probably be
happy with a zip file and a 'run this
first' file.

>* allow selection of java's if don't want first one found out of the
>  registry

Please, yes please.  Give us a list of all of them and let us choose.  Would it be
possible to list what version each java
is, since it's not always obvious from the directory.

>* have nodeconfig popup a window when using an invalid ip address
>(192.168.*.*, 10.*.*.*, phlemball.aol)

Possibly unrelated, but what is the option to allow arbitary lients to connect on the
client port or the web port - or is
this incredibly unsafe?

>* rewrite in c++ so I don't have to deal with java sh*t.
>* automatically register dyndns if they don't have it already (until arks)
>(freenetnode.com would probably be setup fairly easily)

A dyndns for frenetnode.com would be kinda nice to have built in.  Make sure the
explanation of what this is, is
comprehensible to the average user :)

Hmm.  If we have dyndns would this make routing via dynamic IP a more sensible thing?
In which case, might renaming
transient mode to 'client only' or something similar help?

>* add messagebox before stopping the node when updating snapshot
>* add update option on systray app

How often are updates checked for?  And is it done just by getting a freenet message
or do we poll or is it via some out of
band method?

>* allow for negative # of threads (add checkbox. Give big warning when set
>since FastThreadFactory = evil)

Uh - negative threads?  What would that be?

>* fix the file naming of freenet-webinstall.exe to
>freenet-webinstall-{$VER}.exe

Uh - surely the webinstaller installs whatever the latest version of freenet there is?

As to using the monolithic installer:  A couple of times downloading via the normal
update or web update I got an out of date
version of the software - so I dropped back to the monolithic one, which worked once I
altered the version number in the
url...

Right, what else would I request?   Some more sensible defaults would be good -
perhaps default choke of bandwidth to the
kinds of levels that make sense on a cable / DSL connection.

Also, on windows, offerring an option to set the registry keys that frost advises
(that set your socket limits up for server
working) might be a good idea.