1MB doesn't sound unusual. 905 distinct nodes in 1MB's worth of space
does sound unusual. What's the date on your seednodes.ref? Maybe it's
using the classic routing scheme, with no estimators. Maybe you're
counting the entries incorrectly?

I just checked the 1.9MB seednodes.ref in snapshots,

$ lynx --dump http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/seednodes.ref | grep "physical.tcp"
| wc -l
    130

And my local node references file (2MB),

$ lynx --dump http://stable.frnt.net/noderefs.txt | grep "physical.tcp" | wc -l
    129

So ~2 megs, ~130 nodes, not necessarily distinct. That seems about
average as of late. 905 refs in 1MB does sound weird.

Unless you're having connection problems, I'd ignore it. If you are
having connection problems, shut down your node, delete the lsnodes_a,
lsnodes_b, ngrt_global_a, ngrt_global_b, rtnodes_a, rtnodes_b, rtprops_a,
and rtprops_b files from your Freenet directory, download the latest
seednodes.ref from http://freenetproject.org/snapshots, and restart your
node.

-s