Mika Hirvonen randomly hit the keyboard and managed to write on 21/03/2004 21:38:

Max Moritz Sievers wrote:

On Sunday 21 March 2004 13:28, Niklas Bergh wrote:

You mean like we do with
http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/seednodes.ref.bz2

That's nice to know but update.sh doesn't use it. So I guess most Freenet-users download the big uncompressed file.

Yes, it does. The code to download and uncompress the bzipped seednodes has been there since January. Try downloading http://www.freenetproject.org/snapshots/freenet-latest.tgz, it should contain the latest version of update.sh.

However, the version that is pulled down by Fred and placed into the distrib folder doesn't.

==== update.sh
#!/bin/bash
wget http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/freenet-latest.jar -O freenet.jar
wget http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/seednodes.ref -O seednodes.ref
touch -d "1/1/1970" seednodes.ref
# so we don't reseed unless necessary
====

I have re-written it thus...

==== update.sh
#!/bin/bash

# make sure we only get the newest versions.
wget -N http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/freenet-latest.jar
wget -N http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/seednodes.ref.bz2

# Use copy so that we keep the original name (could use ln -s)
# for later retrieval comparison.
cp freenet-latest.jar freenet.jar

# Unpack seednodes.ref but keep the original bz2 for later
# retrieval comparison.
bzip2 -dkf seednodes.ref.bz2
touch -d "1/1/1970" seednodes.ref
# so we don't reseed unless necessary
====

Richard
- --

CATGACGCACTAGCGGATTCCAATCGGGTAGTTCCCCCCGCGCACTTATGCCTCAATAGATCTGCCACATCG
CATGGTGATCATCCCATTCTTCGCCCGGGATATCTTAAGCAATGGGGGAAGTGTGGCATCCTTTTGCTTCAG
dna.pl v0.2.4 (c) 20020613                  (tm) rich at mibnet.plus.com

-- -- This message has been swept clean of viruses by AVG Anti Virus email Scanner.

http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.cfm