Jay Oliveri wrote:

On 16 Jun 2004 at 10:07, Michael R. Stork wrote:

Anytime I've had to restart my node, it appears that the data store is
just plain gone. I can go from having my resources at 60+% full one
minutes, restart, and I'm at 0. That and it then seems to need to be
active again for 10+ hours before clicking on anything is practical.
Unfortunately I'm only able to run a transient node at the moment,
something I'm working to remedy, and doing so seems almost worthless.

<Snipped the flamebait !>

This sounds like a bug, and since the thread doesn't specify stable/unstable what conclusion can you come to?

You *should* be able to shut down the node and restart it without much of a problem. If someone was in the middle of a transfer from your node, I would expect it gets restarted or drops out. At any rate once the data is in your datastore it will stay there until it's forced out by more recent data.

I was running stable and still "announcing my presence" to test the node out, don't know about the other person who brought this up.

Irregardless, it has been pointed out by multiple people that until you're had your node up for quite some time, some have said as long as 48 hours, that you're not going to be able to make any connections. I've found this to be very accurate, and even after running for 2 1/2 days up, I was still getting "couldn't get key" and the like errors on most links I clicked. It seemed that they'd either come up almost instantly, or not at all.