On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 12:02:08PM -0400, Paul Derbyshire wrote:
> On 16 Jun 2004 at 10:07, Michael R. Stork wrote:
>
> > Anytime I've had to restart my node, it appears that the data store is
> > just plain gone. I can go from having my resources at 60+% full one
> > minutes, restart, and I'm at 0. That and it then seems to need to be
> > active again for 10+ hours before clicking on anything is practical.
> > Unfortunately I'm only able to run a transient node at the moment,
> > something I'm working to remedy, and doing so seems almost worthless.
>
> This has come up several times lately, that it takes 10+ hours of
> uptime before a node is reasonably integrated into the network. Has
> anyone considered that this is problematical when the most commonly
> used OS around, Windows, has a mean uptime between crashes shorter
> than that? :P

LOL. Ignoring the obvious troll, a node should integrate much faster the
second time. If you leave a node offline for a week it may take a long
time to reintegrate but if you're just restarting it because of a reboot
it shouldn't take long. I don't know how this scales when you take a
node offline for several hours every day... any reports would be
welcome.