Someone wrote:
Troed Sångberg schrieb:

I'm myself on 8/1 ADSL with a static IP, and I just got my VDSL modem in the mail so in 1-2 weeks I should be up on ~13-20Mbit both ways ... (depends on the distance to the station).

Cost?

€43/month.

No traffic limits. Home servers allowed.

Woa, I wish something like this would be available here. The best you can get
is DSL with 3 Mbit/s down and 384 Kbit/s up without traffic limits. This will
cost around 100 euro per month and home servers are not disallowed, but also
not liked very much. Of course you will have the normal 24 hour disconnect
also, and this speed is only available if your home is within a Range of ~2
kilometers of the DSLAM. In my home the fastest DSL connection I can get is
1 Mbit/s down and 128 KBit/s up, this still costs around 60 euro per month
with unlimited traffic.

VDSL isn't used here, you can have Modem/ISDN or ADSL for private users. The
next bigger thing are leased lines with 2 MBit up and down, but these cost
way more money and you won't get unlimited traffic.

In China nowadays, we usually get a 100MB LAN connection if you apply for broadband, although the IP address isn't guaranteed to be fixed, it's relatively static, i.e. doesn't change in weeks or months. And all these cost for only about 9 euro.

--
Best regards,
Weiliang Zhang