I was having the same issue, I uninstalled chrome then ran the setup of
freenet  it then opened in Firefox, then reinstall chrome Firefox should be
your freenet default I'm no expert but it worked for me, I'm guessing that
lucario moore didn't uninstall ie prob just turned off in windows  programs
and features, I don't know how freenet would start if the feature is turned
off though