On 4/1/06, van2 at vipmail.hu <van2 at vipmail.hu> wrote:
> I'm worried about freenet wearing out my drive prematurely from the constant
> disk access.

I don't think disk drives wear out that quickly, and lots of software
writes to the disk constantly.  That being said, the default log level
in testnet Freenet is set to MINOR, which will result in lots of
logging.  If you aren't running a testnet node, and you are concerned
about this, you may want to set this to NORMAL, although this will
make your bug reports less useful to us.

> I have a couple questions related to this:
>
> 1. Is there any support for disk caching that might be able to reduce
> disk accesses

Your operating system should take care of this, it isn't really
something within the realm of what Freenet can or should address.

Ian.