Niels Kapel wrote:
> Respected Freenet,
>
> Your technology is very interesting.
>
> But I missed any information about your technology. I know that yours
> technology not central (no servers) is. The friends could divide the
> folders/files in foreign group.
>
> My question is:
>
> If you upload a file, and your friend download him. Could another friend
> download that file from me and that first friend?
>
> In any other words, have your technologies any quality of the protocol of
> BitTorrent?
>
> Hopefully you can give answer on my question.
>
> With kind greetings
>
> Niels Kapel

Freenet has a thing called a 'datastore'. Every node (user) of Freenet
dedicates some
space on the harddrive to be that node's datastore, the collective datastore is
the sum of
all the datastores of all the nodes. That datastore acts like borg, it has no
individual
minds, it just somehow finds the information out there (there are technical
explanations
out there, i'm just telling you how it actually works).

So to answer your question:
After you insert a file into Freenet, the file exists in that global swarm of
datastores
in small blocks, that other nodes can request and recompile the original file.
So
everybody will be downloading the file from the global datastore, and not from
you or
anybody who actually downloaded that file directly.

Once again, i don't know how technical of an answer were you waiting for, so i
apologise
if i kept it too simple.

                   - Volodya

- --
http://freedom.libsyn.com/       Voice of Freedom, Radical Podcast
http://freeselfdefence.info/     Self-defence wiki
http://www.kingstonstudents.org/ Kingston University students' forum

 "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin