Anecdotal evidence suggests that right now at least one third of our content
persistence problems boil down to this one bug: "I added it 2 weeks ago and
it still hasn't got past 0% (0/1)". A new key type, DHKs (Duplicated Hash
Keys), would solve the problem, but the new keys would be twice as long as
current CHKs. Is this a problem? I would really appreciate input from users,
particularly those who upload and download files:
- Is it a problem for the keys to be really long (twice as long as current
CHKs)? CHKs are copied and pasted, so maybe not a problem?
- Is it true that a great many downloads get stuck at 0% for a long time,
showing 0 blocks of 1 if you mouseover the percentage?

Example:
CHK at
4~2FTXtBE2So8NZZIzneYrn5SOaFFk-hQsvjBHLc77A,97XjJekfSl8HxkJFYhj4cdo9n7s0exhE-EWMr8zuVxM,AAIC--8/chaosradio_142.mp3

-> (something like)

DHK at
97XjJekfSl8HxkJFYhj4cdo9n7s0exhE-EWMr8zuVxM,4~2FTXtBE2So8NZZIzneYrn5SOaFFk-hQsvjBHLc77A,ughDyCjP0jeBuRRx33nULUb4Pl-6Dk9DrDrH1miXCj0,VIOAKDzD~YIzrD5NBbD3v5SxOiwYXg84qQYdbkJA3bo,AAIC--8/chaosradio_142.mp3

GORY DETAILS:

Currently we use:

(Filenames afterwards are manifests, and therefore impact on the CHK)

The new key type would be:

3>,<extra>/<ignore filename>

(A filename is mandatory, and is always ignored, so does not impact on the
rest of the key).

We might allow any number of routing keys from 2 upwards, for more redundancy
at the cost of a longer URI, but IMHO 3 is a good default number.

You would get such a key when you insert a file as DHK at .

Arguably nobody ever types CHKs even now, and copy and paste allows for fairly
long keys. Thoughts?