I was just wondering?

I have tried out freenet for years, but it still seems not to be ready
for serious use by individual people, that is the huge group of ordinary
people out there on the Internet, who are in serious need for a Freenet.

It can be used mostly only by small groups of smart people, who are more
or less programmers, really friends, closed groups or alike.

I find freenet to be a very important project, for the freedom of speech
of the world, but freenet seems to have stopped up in its development.

It is still quite difficult to use and setup for normal people, I find,
and not many people have "frinds" to exchange nodes with, in order to
become anonymous.

The internet is in the middle of a very fast development phase, but
freenet just sits there more or less sleeping.

I do not have any capabilities of programming myself, and is only a
possibly enduser of Freenet.

Maybe some forces do not want Freenet to develop - or maybe it is really
only intended for small closed groups of people?

Interested in hearing some comments *smile*