bqz69 wrote:
> I was just wondering?
>
> I have tried out freenet for years, but it still seems not to be ready
> for serious use by individual people, that is the huge group of ordinary
> people out there on the Internet, who are in serious need for a Freenet.
>
> It can be used mostly only by small groups of smart people, who are more
> or less programmers, really friends, closed groups or alike.
>
> I find freenet to be a very important project, for the freedom of speech
> of the world, but freenet seems to have stopped up in its development.
>
> It is still quite difficult to use and setup for normal people, I find,
> and not many people have "frinds" to exchange nodes with, in order to
> become anonymous.
>
> The internet is in the middle of a very fast development phase, but
> freenet just sits there more or less sleeping.
>
> I do not have any capabilities of programming myself, and is only a
> possibly enduser of Freenet.
>
> Maybe some forces do not want Freenet to develop - or maybe it is really
> only intended for small closed groups of people?
>
> Interested in hearing some comments *smile*

Not many people having friends is really a weird comment seeing how social
networking sites manage to gather people more and more. Even some anarchist
sites that i know of are planning to release their social network portals, and
that is incredible, seeing how you will have an argument with only two
anarchists in the same room.

               - Volodya

- --
http://eng.anarchopedia.org/     Anarchopedia, A Free Knowledge Portal
http://www.freedomporn.org/      Freedom Porn, anarchist and activist smut

 "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin