I think we're somewhat open to this.  I personally am partial to
openntp due to it's small size (can't speak much for the FreeBSD port
of it) - with that said, as long as I'm not doing the work, carry on.
We'll import whatever good working solution is decided on.

Joshua, privately I've had interest on this from one other person,
hopefully they'll contact you to coordinate efforts.  I'm willing to
answer any questions, but would prefer to work on something else right
now, so I'll leave it up to you guys to decide what you want to do.
:)

--Bill